Re: Set arbitrary GUC options during initdb - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Set arbitrary GUC options during initdb
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 27.01.23 21:02, Tom Lane wrote:

> The string-hacking was fully as tedious as I expected.  However, the
> output looks pretty nice, and this does have the advantage that the
> pre-programmed substitutions become a lot more robust: they are no
> longer dependent on the initdb code exactly matching what is in
> postgresql.conf.sample.

This patch looks good to me.  It's a very nice simplification of the
initdb.c code, even without the new feature.

I found that the addition of

#include <ctype.h>

didn't appear to be necessary.  Maybe it was required before
guc_value_requires_quotes() was changed?

I would remove the

#if DEF_PGPORT != 5432

This was in the previous code too, but now if we remove it, then we
don't have any more hardcoded 5432 left, which seems like a nice
improvement in cleanliness.