Re: case sensitivity for tables, columns, and constraint names - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: case sensitivity for tables, columns, and constraint names
Date
List pgsql-sql
Ertel, Steve wrote:
> I see that I can create a table with a mixed case name as long as the
> name is wrapped in quotes.  Is there a setting to allow upper case
> and mixed case names for database tables, fields, etc, without having
> to wrap each in quotes?

No, SQL defines identifiers as case-insensitive.

PG is unusual in that left alone it folds names to lower-case rather
than upper, but all SQL databases (afaik) are case-insensitive by default.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd