Re: Dealing with big tables - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Dealing with big tables
Date
List pgsql-performance
Mindaugas wrote:

>   And I cannot use some index organized table or table partitioned by From :) because there are at least 2 similar
indexesby which queries can be executed - From and To.

This makes things a bit tough. One trick is to vertically partition the
table into two new tables - with "From" in one and "To" in the other...
then you can (horizontally) partition or cluster on each of these
columns separately.

You can make it reasonably transparent by using a view to combine the
columns again to get something that looks like the original table.

Cheers

Mark