Re: pg_regress: paths in largeobject test - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway
Subject Re: pg_regress: paths in largeobject test
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway <Jorgen.Austvik@Sun.COM> writes:
>> I believe the results paths in line 139 and 144 are missing the
>> @abs_builddir@ qualifier.
>
> I'd put it the other way around: likely we should get rid of the
> one use of @abs_builddir@.

He, he.

Generally I prefer explicit over implicit (having the full paths make
troubleshooting easier), but in this case you have the additional aspect
of the lo_import operating relative to the client, while lo_export
operates relative to the server. If you remove @abs_builddir@ on the
first one, you might e.g. get problems like this:

   SELECT lo_export(loid, 'results/lotest.txt') FROM lotest_stash_values;
   ERROR:  could not create server file "results/lotest.txt": No such
   file or directory

-J
--

Jørgen Austvik, Software Engineering - QA
Sun Microsystems Database Technology Group

Attachment