Re: [pgsql-eu-general] The Italian PostgreSQL Users Group is finally a non profit organisation - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: [pgsql-eu-general] The Italian PostgreSQL Users Group is finally a non profit organisation
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Ciao Guillaume,

> I would have some questions to ask. For example, the purpose of the
> organization is to prepare "events, conferences, courses"... so this is
> mainly advocacy stuff ? or do you also plan to contribute on
> translations, coding, etc. ? On the translation side, I know that
> Giuseppe Sacco is doing a really great work (100% done for 1.8). But I
> don't see any translation of pginstaller (PostgreSQL Windows Installer),
> and the PostgreSQL translation is at most at 60%. Do you think your
> organization can work on some of these ? this is also kind of advocacy
> work :) And what about the manual ? Last question, do you know italian
> people coding on a PostgreSQL project ?

Yep. I think I mentioned the word 'projects' too, which was a short-term
including several things:

1) PostgreSQL core code
2) PostgreSQL related applications
3) Localisation (we know lots of people help translating PostgreSQL
parts, but a unified task force would be much better - I would love for
instance to get in touch with Giuseppe and ask him to join the
association). A localisation task force, with the same members
contributing for the projects will be still responsibile for that
project, could help us reach uniformity and standard rules /
methodologies. Also, at the moment, we do not have an Italian PostgreSQL
manual and we already started up something during PGDay.

As I said, the association is everyone's. Everyone can make proposals
and participate. The current board of directors is working hard to give
the directions, and members to help starting them up. Personally I hope
that other people, in a year or so, will be able to take my place and
continue to help the association reach its goals. :)
> Whooo, that's really a lot of questions, sorry about that :) with your
> answers, I'll probably write a small paper for postgresqlfr.org. Thanks :)

Thank you.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Open source programmer and data architect
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy