Re: [pgsql-eu-general] The Italian PostgreSQL Users Group is finally a non profit organisation - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: [pgsql-eu-general] The Italian PostgreSQL Users Group is finally a non profit organisation
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Gabriele Bartolini a écrit :
>   I am really proud to announce that last Saturday, 17 november 2007,
> the Italian PostgreSQL Users Group has been founded by twelve volunteers
> and that today the non-profit organisation has been officially registered.

Congrats :)

>   As far as I know, this is the second non-profit organisation entirely
> dedicated to PostgreSQL ever to be founded in Europe - after the great
> French one (I might be wrong though, in that case please correct me).

The french organization is a non-profit one entirely dedicated to
PostgreSQL. It seems to me it was the first. Anyways, congrats. You've
done a terrific job (pgDay event, and now a non-profit organization...
nothing will stop you :) ).

> [...]
>   This process has taken a few months and has been the natural produce
> of PGDay. Most of the founders indeed took part in the organisation of
> the biggest gathering of the PostgreSQL community ever to be held in
> Europe (so far). ;-)

+1

>   Although IT-PUG is still in its startup phase, users can find some
> information (including the statute - in Italian) on the website:
> www.itpug.org . Hopefully soon IT-PUG will be ready to accept
> subscriptions online as well.

I would have some questions to ask. For example, the purpose of the
organization is to prepare "events, conferences, courses"... so this is
mainly advocacy stuff ? or do you also plan to contribute on
translations, coding, etc. ? On the translation side, I know that
Giuseppe Sacco is doing a really great work (100% done for 1.8). But I
don't see any translation of pginstaller (PostgreSQL Windows Installer),
and the PostgreSQL translation is at most at 60%. Do you think your
organization can work on some of these ? this is also kind of advocacy
work :) And what about the manual ? Last question, do you know italian
people coding on a PostgreSQL project ?

Whooo, that's really a lot of questions, sorry about that :) with your
answers, I'll probably write a small paper for postgresqlfr.org. Thanks :)

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org