The Italian PostgreSQL Users Group is finally a non profit organisation - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject The Italian PostgreSQL Users Group is finally a non profit organisation
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Ciao,

   I am really proud to announce that last Saturday, 17 november 2007,
the Italian PostgreSQL Users Group has been founded by twelve volunteers
and that today the non-profit organisation has been officially registered.

   As far as I know, this is the second non-profit organisation entirely
dedicated to PostgreSQL ever to be founded in Europe - after the great
French one (I might be wrong though, in that case please correct me).

   As the statute of the association says, the main aim of IT-PUG is the
social promotion of the PostgreSQL RDBMS in Italy, through the
organisation of projects, events, conferences, courses and initiative
oriented towards:

    * community (users and developers)
    * business companies
    * public organisations
    * schools and universities

   The non profit organisation is based on principles such as freedom,
democracy and volunteering, and the participation is open to every
Italian citizen or resident (the association is everyone's). The statute
has been collaboratively written by all the founders of the association.

   This process has taken a few months and has been the natural produce
of PGDay. Most of the founders indeed took part in the organisation of
the biggest gathering of the PostgreSQL community ever to be held in
Europe (so far). ;-)

   Although IT-PUG is still in its startup phase, users can find some
information (including the statute - in Italian) on the website:
www.itpug.org . Hopefully soon IT-PUG will be ready to accept
subscriptions online as well.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Open source programmer and data architect
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy