Re: convert custom datatype to array - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Charnoky
Subject Re: convert custom datatype to array
Date
List pgsql-general
OK, forgive my ignorance here, but the maintainer of our custom data
type code is no longer with us and this is new territory for me.  We do
have a function which takes our custom data type and returns a cstring.
 Is there a pg function which converts a cstring to text type?  This
seems to be the missing link to eventually get the data to float4[].

Mike