psql Segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Landrum
Subject psql Segmentation fault
Date
List pgsql-general
Since we converted to PG8, we've been experiencing segfaults when the
psql client exits.  It doesn't have any real effect on things...  or it
hasn't until now.

RHEL4 i686 - PostgresQL 8.2.4 (non-redhat)

-bash-3.00$ psql -n

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help with psql commands
        \q to quit

postgres=# \q
Segmentation fault

That's what happens every time.  No core file is produced.  I've done
some searches and discovered that this might be related to readline.
But that doesn't seem right since it crashes when I run psql -n (no
readline support).  I've tried removing .psql_history files and even
changing perms to prevent writes.  Nothing seems to work.

Now it's affecting pg_dumpall -g, which we use to backup all user
accounts and roles.  It seems to seqfault before it finishes writing
STDOUT, which means some users/roles aren't being dumped.

Anyone else run into this problem?  What is the solution?

Thanks,

Rob