Re: Allow escape in application_name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Allow escape in application_name
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2021/10/07 11:46, kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com wrote:
> So now we can choose from followings:
>
> * ignore such differences and use isdigit() and strtol()
> * give up using them and implement two static support functions
>
> How do you think? Someone knows any other knowledge about locale?

Replacing process_log_prefix_padding() with isdigit()+strtol() is
just refactoring and doesn't provide any new feature. So they
basically should work in the same way. If the behavior of isdigit()+strtol()
can be different from process_log_prefix_padding(), I'd prefer to
the latter option you suggested, i.e., give up using isdigit()+strtol().

OTOH, of course if the behaviors of them are the same,
I'm ok to use isdigit()+strtol(), though.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center