Re: Parsed Query Trees - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: Parsed Query Trees
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Kevin Neufeld wrote:
> Does anyone know if a parsed query tree object is exposed in the jdbc
> API?  I couldn't find any such thing, nor could I find it in the
> developers roadmap.

No, and the reason is that the JDBC driver doesn't actually parse the
query beyond some basic manipulations to find parameter placeholders and
so on. All the real parsing happens on the server side, and I don't know
of a way to get access to the server's query tree as a client. (It's
debatable how useful that would be, anyway)

-O