Re: [SPAM] Re: Training events policy ... first test case - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [SPAM] Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Date
List pgsql-www
Chander Ganesan wrote:
> I think perhaps not.  We already have course titles...and vendors
> consistently use the same name for their courses.  We could simply take
> the course names, their counts, and when the most recent of any
> particular group of courses (start date) is.  Then list the three most
> recent (in terms of start date) along with a count as to the number of
> times they are offered...
>
> Like: Upcoming courses:
>
> PostgreSQL Administration (14 events)
> PostgreSQL Cool Tricks and Stuff (3 events)
> PostgreSQL for Dummies (1 event)
> plus 4 Other events...
>
> If you can send me some DDL I can write up a sample query...

Well thats not exactly the same as was originally suggested, and in fact
does little more than to force events to be grouped by what could easily
be minor differences in phrasing:

PostgreSQL Administration for Beginners (3 events)
PostgreSQL Administration 101 (5 events)
Getting started with PostgreSQL (2 events)
Beginning PostgreSQL (4 events).

If we want to do something like that it needs to be done properly by
(for example) pre-defining some set categories to ensure we list things
appropriately.

Regards, Dave.