Re: Training events policy ... first test case - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Chander Ganesan
Subject Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
>> There are 21 training events in 4 countries scheduled over the next six
>> months from EnterpriseDB, CertFirst, Open Technology Group and others.
>> Take a look at our schedule to find the training that you want.
>
> Sounds good to me.  Can we have a non-US company in there somewhere?
> Maybe Dextra Systemas?
>
> --Josh
I've got another idea...

There are 21 training events in 4 countries scheduled over the next six
months from EnterpriseDB, CertFirst, Open Technology Group and others.

18 PostgreSQL Administration
3 PostgreSQL Implementation, Performance & Tuning
2 Implementing Databases with PostgreSQL
And 6 other types

The real estate is definitely there from the old way that events were
listed, we could show 3 upcoming "course types" with the most recent of
each type listed.  That allows visitors to see the range of offerings as
well as some numbers.

I still think that there should be a limit as to the number of courses a
vendor can list and/or a limit on the number of each type of course (for
example, dextra could list a maximum of 3 upcoming admin courses, 3
upcoming intro courses, etc.).  Limiting by type would also encourage
training vendors to put more effort into offering a range of courses,
and keep things on the up-and-up from a listing perspective...thus
preventing event spam.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.