Re: Training events policy ... first test case - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Chander Ganesan
Subject Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:472D02A3.1070404@postgresql.org" type="cite"><pre wrap="">Joshua D. Drake

"Dave Page" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:dpage@postgresql.org"><dpage@postgresql.org></a>
wrote:

From: Chander Ganesan <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:chander@otg-nc.com"><chander@otg-nc.com></a>
To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:josh@agliodbs.com">josh@agliodbs.com</a>
Sent: 03/11/07, 16:31:33
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Training events policy ... first test case

Actually, I think that its not unusual for us to see a few
enrollments the week before a class...  so listing classes that are
"next week" is a good idea - i'm sure this is a trend seen by all
or4

listings from /index.html altogether and replace them with a
are24 training events in 9 countries scheduled over the next

6 months from OTG, EnterpriseDB, Command Prompt, 2nd Quadrant and
others. View the complete schedule to find the PostgreSQL training
wecould just grab 3

Thanks.

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://dave.pgadmin.org/">http://dave.pgadmin.org/</a>

To try it out. Before anyone asks, it does properly handle the case when
there are less than 4 companies with events in the next 6 months and
modifies the text accordingly.

If noone objects, I'll commit in a day or two. </pre></blockquote> Perhaps the font size can be reduced so that its
morein line with the size used for events.  It looks a bit bigger than everything else on the page, kind of an
eye-draw...<br/><br /> However, I think this brings to the forefront issue #2...that certain companies use training
eventsas a lead generation tool...much the same way that some companies will post many press releases around the same
timeto generate leads for their products.<br /><br /> I know that there are some "guidelines" for the press release
issue,why not apply something similar to training events?  Or perhaps the "8 per year and pay for more"
strategy....witha "per event" fee ($1000 USD in the US?) for additional events that varies based on the country of
incorporation(so Brazilian companies would pay a smaller fee than an American one)....<br /><br /> Heck, perhaps even
"8per year per course type"?  So companies would have an added incentive to grow their PG offerings (this might be a
bitone-sided, since AFAIK we offer the widest range of PG courses), but it seems like a good strategy to keep things on
theup-and-up.  Such a strategy would also make sense (IMHO) for folks like EDB, which has a couple of courses, and
Modernand BNR, that offer their courses only sporadically.<br /><blockquote cite="mid:472D02A3.1070404@postgresql.org"
type="cite"><prewrap="">

/D

TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate      subscribe-nomail command to <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"href="mailto:majordomo@postgresql.org">majordomo@postgresql.org</a> so that your
cols="72">--

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.