Re: beta2, I can't set UTF-8 for czech locales on win - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: beta2, I can't set UTF-8 for czech locales on win
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>> Do you have the same problem previously reported that "postgres -V"
>>> doesn't work?  If so, maybe taking out libxml2 will help?
>
>> No, it is different problem. It was my beginner mistake :(. I run
>> initdb as Administrator. It needs maybe some hint message. With runas
>> initdb works.
>
> IMHO we should check for an Administrator user and reject it
> explicitely.  The error message is way too obscure.

We used to do that, and got a lot more complaints then... Note that
running initdb as administrator works in the vast majority of cases.
It's only if you have some permissions that means you access a file only
using the Administrators or PowerUsers group that it fails (because we
drop those permissions)

//Magnus