Re: Data cube in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Data cube in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Gowrishankar L wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to make certain changes to cube.c file  which comes with cube contrib
> ( http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/cube/). I am not
> sure how to compile it so that I can use those changes in postgresql. Could
> you help me?

Well, the full procedure would be:

1. Download source package of postgresql, untar somewhere, cd to top
directory
2. ./configure <with options>; make; make install <as root>
3. cd contrib/cube; make; make install <as root>
4. start/restart the server
5. Run any .sql scripts you need to in your target database (see
README.cube)

If you're making changes you might well be restarting PG frequently, so
you might want to script that.

Does that help?

--
   Richard Huxton