Re: gitweb is no longer a real-time view - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: gitweb is no longer a real-time view
Date
Re: gitweb is no longer a real-time view  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-www
> Andres Freund wrote:
>> I think the most realistic way to resolve this is to push the current
>> anongit state to master and cherry-pick
>> bc61878682051678ade5f59da7bfd90ab72ce13b ontop it. That way only
>> committers need to deal with rebasing their branches and not everyone
>> else.

> I agree this seems the sanest course of action, but I think it would be
> better to install defenses in the master repo so that forced pushes are
> no longer allowed *before* rebasing gitmaster; otherwise some other
> committer could clobber things again if they don't force-pull their
> trees.

Agreed.  I'm astonished that we had this configured this way in the
first place.

FWIW, I noticed something about a "forced update" when I did a git pull
after Kevin's commits.  I failed to pay enough attention though.  Now
that I look, the xml fix is not in my local history either, and I don't
know what bc61878682051678ade5f59da7bfd90ab72ce13b is because none of
the recent commits have that hash according to my repo:

$ git status
# On branch master
nothing to commit (working directory clean)
$ git log
commit d63977eea3ab18fdec05e370b633d10b9fd20179