Re: undefined relations in pg_locks - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: undefined relations in pg_locks
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Sabin Coanda" <sabin.coanda@deuromedia.ro> writes:
> Unfortunatelly, I don't find the related objects of the oids of "relation"
> field. Also all the fields "classid" and "objid" are null.
> May I suppose there were references to temporary tables?

Are you sure they are in the same database you are working in?  If the
locktype is "relation" and the database column matches your database's
OID, the relation column definitely ought to match some OID in pg_class.

It is possible that you can't see the pg_class row because the relation
was created in a transaction that hasn't committed yet --- but such an
entry could never be a reason for a deadlock, because no other
transaction could be trying to lock it.
        regards, tom lane