Re: Caching in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From
Subject Re: Caching in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Heikki Linnakangas,

    Thanks for yoru kind response.

    We were looking on how to improve the performance of our
application which is using PostgreSQL as backend.    If postgreSQL is
supporting data page caching in the shared memory then we wanted to
design our application to read/write using the shared memory rather than
accessing the DB everytime so that, it will improve the performance of
our system.

    If this is possible can you please tell us how can we implement
the same.     Any idea on the same is of very much help.

Thanks in Advance,
Ramachandra B.S.