Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Right. You need to look at VM size in *process explorer*. VM size in
> task manager has nothing to do with VM size, it's the private bytes :-S
> And there is no way to see that info from task manager, I think. PE is
> your friend.
>

> Anyway. Other than a refresher on those, I'd be interested in two other
> important parts:
> * How many threads does it reach when you have 300 active backends?
> * Is there a handle leak? meaning once your 300 backends have exited,
> does the number of handles in the process drop down to the same value it
> had before?

Without patch:

VM:             1,322,792K
Idle threads:        6
Peak threads:        306
Handles at start:    576
Handles at end:        576

With patch:

VM:             98,088K
Idle threads:        3
Peak threads:        7
Handles at start:    576
Handles at end:        585 (585 again after second run).

/D