Re: MaxOffsetNumber versus MaxHeapTuplesPerPage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: MaxOffsetNumber versus MaxHeapTuplesPerPage
Date
Re: MaxOffsetNumber versus MaxHeapTuplesPerPage
List pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Is there any reason to have both these macros? By my opinion
> MaxHeapTuplesPerPage is more accurate and it should replace all
> MaxOffsetNumber occurrence.

We use MaxOffsetNumber with index pages as well.

At quick glance, the only places I can see where we could replace
MaxOffsetNumber with MaxHeapTuplesPerPage, are in vacuum.c and
vacuumlazy.c, where we allocate arrays big enough to hold potentially a
full page's worth of tuples. We could change those, but it's hardly
worth the trouble.