Re: Quick question re foreign keys. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Paul Lambert
Subject Re: Quick question re foreign keys.
Date
Re: Quick question re foreign keys.
List pgsql-sql
Tom Lane wrote:

> If I'm understanding you correctly, the problem is not the foreign key,
> it's that you marked the column NOT NULL.  A foreign key constraint by
> itself will allow a NULL in the referencing column to pass.  You choose
> whether you want to allow that or not by separately applying a NOT NULL
> constraint or not.
>
>             regards, tom lane

It's marked not null as a result of being part of the primary key for
that table which I can't really get around.

I can get away with not having the foreign key though, so I'll have to
go down that path.

Cheers,
P.

--