Reliability of WAL replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Schablewski
Subject Reliability of WAL replication
Date
Re: Reliability of WAL replication  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-general
We had some corrupted data files in the past (missing clog, see
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2007-07/msg00124.php) and are
thinking about setting up a warm standby system using WAL replication.

Would an error like the one we had appear in WAL and would it be
replicated too? Or is there some kind of consistency check, that
prevents broken WAL from being restored?

I've already posted this question to the bugs list two weeks ago, but
didn't receive an answer so far. Maybe it was the wrong list for that
kind of question, so we'll give it another try here.

Our customer demands a final statement from us, so we would appreciate a
soon reply ( I know, it's always urgent, isn't it? ;) ).

Regards,

Marc Schablewski
click:ware Informationstechnik GmbH