Re: 8.3 beta problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marek Lewczuk
Subject Re: 8.3 beta problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane pisze:
> I'm wondering if you have an example that doesn't work well with the
> gist page-splitting heuristic changes that Teodor put in awhile back.
> Those are all in 8.2.5 already, though you might have to REINDEX to
> really notice a change if the index was first built with an older
> 8.2.x release.
> Can you provide sample data illustrating the problem?

I've checked how 8.3beta will perform on windows machine and it seems
that there is no problem with gist index - it means that that my
problems are related only to linux machine, where 8.3beta is working. Is
it possible, that 8.3beta compilation went wrong or maybe there are
other issues that may have influence on the performance ? I will add,
that on the same machine there was 8.2.5 installed and everything was
working just fine.

Regards,
ML