Re: PostgreSQL 7.3.3 with pgcrypto on FreeBSD 5.1 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.3.3 with pgcrypto on FreeBSD 5.1
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
>> Perhaps the problem is that Marko didn't fix the crypt() code in the
>> same way?

> Ah, I think that's _very_ likely the case here...  -sc

I updated to openssl 0.9.7b on my HPUX machine, and still do not see any
failure in

regression=# SELECT crypt('lalalal',gen_salt('md5'));
               crypt
 $1$.yzzlyzz$W8vpUQ3Nonx20vchlBQye/
(1 row)

So it seems that OpenSSL version is not the issue --- or at least not
the whole story.  Maybe there is some platform-dependency here too.

            regards, tom lane