Re: BUG #3657: Performance leaks when using between of two equal dates - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tiago Daniel Jacobs
Subject Re: BUG #3657: Performance leaks when using between of two equal dates
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I`m sorry, but why work around?

The overhead of "99%" of cases is so bigger? What about an "option"
like constraint exclusion...

I've worked around also, but would like to see this topic in a TODO or
further implementation.

Thanks by patience.

Kevin Grittner escreveu:

        On Sat, Oct 6, 2007 at 11:28 AM, in message <24828.1191688097@sss.pgh.pa.us>,

  Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

    I've been wondering
if it would be worth the trouble to introduce scalarlesel and
scalargesel estimators ...

FWIW, this is an issue we ran into:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2006-03/msg00211.php

We worked around it in our framework by checking for a range with equal
values and converting to an equality test before presenting it to the
database.

-Kevin