Re: Approval process for news/events/training is broken - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Approval process for news/events/training is broken
Date
List pgsql-www
Stefan,

>> 1) There needs to be a way for admins to flag an item as "don't approve,
>> there's a problem" so that if one person knows of a reason to hold,
>> someone coming online later won't approve due to being clueless.
>
> that seems doable though
>
>> 2) approvers should wait at least a couple of hours before approving
>> things.
>
> well ... see above

Yeah, I misread the news item.

>> 3) We need a written policy of what is acceptable for
>> news/events/training and what isn't.
>
> sounds like a good thing - maybe simply have it as some sort of
> checklist in the interface to check against ?

Yeah.  The problem is that we discuss policies on what is/isn't
acceptable, and then later on one or another approver says "I don't
remember discussing that".  So it needs to be somewhere easy-to-refer.

--Josh