Re: Hey! We're doing a beta *today* - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Hey! We're doing a beta *today*
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus,
>
>> Speaking of this - could you please comment on my idea about the release
>> process for next time? It's not as important for beta, but it still is...
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2007-09/msg00086.php
>
> Well, I think we need a fully written-out timeline.  I did this for 8.0;
> I'll put one up on the wiki for this release.

Sure, that's a good thing (even though we all know what happens to
timelines when reality hits them, but it's a good thing to work from).
But that doesn't in itself deal with the main issue, which is the order
in which things are posted.

>>> -- The beta version of the docs needs to go up at /docs/8.3/static or
>>> interactive (I don't care, just get it up)
>>
>> It's there on both, site is rebuilding right now. Expect it to be on the
>> mirrors within 1-2 hours.
>
> OK, I'll do the pgsql-announce in 2 hours.

Sounds good. I've just verified, and I can pull /docs/8.3/static now
from static mirrors.

//Magnus