Re: Prepared Statements vs. pgbouncer - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: Prepared Statements vs. pgbouncer
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Paul Lindner wrote:

> For the record:
>
>    Please please please note that I'm only trying to solve a particular
>    problem here.  I know what I want to do is messy, ugly and a little
>    impure and flies in the face of elegant design.
>
>    If it helps think of what I'm proposing as akin to denormalization
>    of a beautiful schema to achieve specific goals.

I am going to suggest what I suggested early on in this thread again:

(1) Modify your copy of the JDBC driver so that the v3 protocol path
does not use named statements or portals
(2) Deploy your modified driver into your specific environment

I don't think anything short of the "right" solution is going to be
suitable for general purpose use.

-O