Re: pg_dump: Remove "blob" terminology - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pg_dump: Remove "blob" terminology
Date
Re: pg_dump: Remove "blob" terminology  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 30.11.22 09:07, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> The commit message contains a typo: functinos

fixed

>    * called for both BLOB and TABLE data; it is the responsibility of
> - * the format to manage each kind of data using StartBlob/StartData.
> + * the format to manage each kind of data using StartLO/StartData.
>
> Should BLOB be changed to BLOBS here (and in similar comments) to make it
> clearer that it refers to the archive entry and the concept of a binary large
> object in general?

I changed this one and went through it again to tidy it up a bit more.
(There are both "BLOB" and "BLOBS" archive entries, so both forms still
exist in the code now.)

> Theres an additional mention in src/test/modules/test_pg_dump/t/001_base.pl:
>
>      # Tests which are considered 'full' dumps by pg_dump, but there.
>      # are flags used to exclude specific items (ACLs, blobs, etc).

fixed

I also put back the old long options forms in the documentation and help
but marked them deprecated.

Attachment