Re: PG on NFS may be just a bad idea - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: PG on NFS may be just a bad idea
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> If this is what's happening I'd claim it is a kernel bug, but seeing
> that I see it on FC6 and Miya sees it on Solaris 10, it would be a bug
> widespread enough that we'd not be likely to get it killed off soon.

I think my colleague was solving similar issue in JavaDB. IIRC the
problem is in how NFS works and conclusion was do not use JavaDB (Derby)
on NFS. I forwarded this issue to our NFS gurus and  I will send updated
information.
    Zdenek