Re: OpenSSL Applink - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Dave Page
Subject Re: OpenSSL Applink
Date
List pgsql-patches
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> So SSL works without this wart if you don't have a client cert?
>> Yep.
>
> According to the OpenSSL FAQ, the purpose of the applink is to allow
> mixing release and debug versions or multi-threaded and
> non-multithreaded versions of libraries:
>
> http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#PROG2

Yeah - which in itself is a pita because with their 'workaround' we now
need to ensure we use a debug libpq with a debug pgadmin whereas
previously mixing 'n' matching wasn't an issue.

> How come we only bump into the crash with client certs?

I assume it uses fopen() or one of the other functions it does a
GetProcAddress() on in that situation.

/D