Re: Release Notes? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Release Notes?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Chris, Robert,

> In the interests of doing things more useful than arguing about names,
> is it getting about time to start constructing 8.3 release notes?
>
> Let me note that a pretty nice list of features is being collected here:
>   http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/WhatsNew83
>
> I suspect Robert Treat and I will both be "reaping" this for material
> for forthcoming speaking engagements:
>   http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/OHLF
>   http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/ONLF

For that matter, I expect to use it in my upcoming trip, starting
Tuesday.  Thanks for getting this started!

> Would it make any sense to work on this on the page in the wiki?
>   http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/WhatsNew83
> And then macro-ize it into SGML for inclusion in release notes?

Hmmm.  The release notes have been significantly different format.  I
think we want to get into having a final, user-friendly "information
page" like this somewhere, but I'm not sure it subs for the release notes.

Bruce?

--Josh