Re: Question to schema public - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Question to schema public
Date
List pgsql-general
Kai Behncke wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> If I create on my system (Postgresql 8.2.4) a new database it gets
> automatically the schema public.
>
> I would like to know what this schema is for?
>
> On my system I have a couple of different users. The owner of the
> public-schema is postgres.

By default everyone gets access to objects in schema "public", so that's
select, update, insert, delete on any tables etc. It makes it easy to
get started.

> Could it be Fatal to give all of my users the maximum permissions to
> change that public schema? What could be the result?

Well, it depends on whether you want your users to be able to create and
drop tables,view,functions etc.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd