Re: log_statement and PREPARE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From brian
Subject Re: log_statement and PREPARE
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> brian <brian@zijn-digital.com> writes:
>
>>That was understood. What i meant is that the only time i see anything
>>*related to* the prepared statement i think should be there is when the
>>EXECUTE fails for some reason because the context of the error is
>>logged. That particular EXECUTE was preceeded by a PREPARE that was not
>>logged. It was my understanding that the PREPARE would be logged.
>

> [ squint... ]  It got logged when I tried it.  But I was testing 8.1
> branch tip (or close to it -- post-8.1.9 for sure).  I think you said
> you were on 8.1.2?  There could well have been some related bug fixes
> in that branch, but I'm too lazy to check the release notes right now.
>

>>In any case, i'll upgrade soonest. I keep reading here about all the 8.2
>>goodness.
>

> If you can update to 8.2 without too much pain, I'd sure recommend that.
> But if you run into compatibility problems, it seems that 8.1.9 might
> perhaps help too.

I'm with 8.1.4 now. No big deal, though; this was all because i was
trying to debug something and wanted to see the PREPARE come in for a
bit. But i've already resolved the initial bug in my app. I was just
wondering if i was reading the docs correctly. I'll upgrade.