Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date
Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On 8/31/2007 4:53 AM, Decibel! wrote:
> Yes, there's printed material that will have to be re-done. Big
> whoop. If SPI and the corporate entities don't want to handle that
> cost, I'll put up $500 of my own. If names didn't get changed because
> of marketing material, we'd still be calling microwave ovens "radar
> range"s.

Nobody has to "redo" anything at all if they don't want to. Printed
material in the software industry tends to age and become shelfware
nobody is ever looking at again. As long as all future material is using
Postgres alone, the change will go along just fine.

Granted, the time was much shorter, but where do you find any references
to Postgres95 these days?

Jan