Re: testing more than one configuration on a single build machine - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: testing more than one configuration on a single build machine
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently signed up to run smoke testing of PostgreSQL.
> As I understand each animal has a set of configuration that is represented as
> icons on the status page.
>
> I wonder how would be it possible to run several configurations on the
> same machine? I mean with or without debug, with or without
> thread-safety etc.

This isn't really the place to ask about running buildfarm - it has its
own mailing list to which you should have been subscribed.

A single animal really shouldn't run multiple configurations, because it
makes their history much less valuable. If you want to run multiple
configurations you should register multiple buildfarm members. There is
already support for running several animals on a single host/repo and
this will be improved in a release that I will be preparing RSN.

cheers

andrew