Re: Contrib modules documentation online - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brar Piening
Subject Re: Contrib modules documentation online
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:

> Having the contrib stuff in the main docs would remove one of the largest barriers
> to people knowing about the contrib features.

Using PostgreSQL since Version 7.1.3 and reading this List since - I
dont't know exactly but my current archives start in 2003 which was the
last time I crashed my system - Albert's work is actually the first
piece of contrib documentation I ever read. I always knew about contrib
but as I haven't been missing any feature in the core distribution (well
- actually I've been missing PL/R until it came up - but as you know
it's not in contrib ;-) I never found time to dig into the contrib
directories and README's. Now that I did I'm pretty amazed about the
nice features I've never thought about.
> Further, you know we don't finish the docs until beta.  Ever.

Whenever you want - but do it.

I also highly appreciate Albert's Idea/Work.

Regards,
Brar