Re: Tables dissapearing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kamil Srot
Subject Re: Tables dissapearing
Date
List pgsql-general
brian wrote:

> Just wondering: what's the name of this table? What's its function? I
> think you mentioned that it's pretty well static. But what is it
> holding? Maybe that'll provide a clue as to where to look.

The system is actually management of website&eshop with webbased UI ...
the table is called section_mapping and contains web addresses of all
elements of the website in hirarchical structure... similar to directory
structure with parents/children. It has 5 integer and one varchar
attribute (the part of URL)...
The data are changed only during administration of the system
(adding/deleteng products in the eshop, publishing new documents,
manipulating with the existing ones)... but it's accessed (read) each
time anything is shown thru the web... so several times per displayed
web page...

Also if it would happend during administration of the content, the
customer would scream to us right away, but we found it our several
hours after it occured as our monitoring didn't expect to loose one
single table :-(

--
Kamil