Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add configure option --with-system-tzdata to use operating system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add configure option --with-system-tzdata to use operating system
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:
> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>

> Why would --with-zoneinfo want to use a symlink though? Shouldn't it just
> compile the binary to use the path specified directly? Symlinks are fine for a
> sysadmin or a packager but if it's going to be supported by Postgres code
> directly why not do it directly?

I sent patch which hardwire path into postgres couple of months ago. There is
discussion:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2007-03/msg00293.php

with conclusion do it as a symlink... However I still convinced that hardwired
solution invoke less problems then symlink solution.
    Zdenek