Re: [RESEND] Transaction auto-abort causes grief with Spring Framework - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: [RESEND] Transaction auto-abort causes grief with Spring Framework
Date
List pgsql-general
Tyson Lloyd Thwaites wrote:
> I am not opposed to introducing checkpoints to our API, but it would be
> nicer if I didn't have to. At the moment I have resigned myself to
> turning off spring declarative txns for certain methods, and handling
> them manually by doing multiple txn blocks. In the above example
> however, the bit that I want to allow to fail is inside a method that
> would have to be wrapped in a transaction.... .... see the web of
> complexity that is growing?

Isn't the 'try' statement rather similar to a 'savepoint' command? I
realize it would be difficult to override the behaviour of try {...}
catch (...) {...}, but it shouldn't be too hard to wrap it somehow for
exceptions in database code.

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl