Re: Running a stored procedure via pgagent, need an examp le - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Running a stored procedure via pgagent, need an examp le
Date
List pgsql-general
novnov wrote:
> Thank you, just had time to test this.
>
> I wrote a simple sproc that adds a row to a test table. I've created a one
> step job
>
> db = db the sproc is in
> kind = sql
> def = SELECT proc_test01_insertrow();
>
> set to run on each minute of every hour every day, starting today 00:00:01
>
> The job, step, and schedule all show as enabled. But it never runs. I've
> even restarted postgres...what else could be involved?

The normal problems we see are:

- pgAgent is connecting to a database other than the one containing the
pgagent schema.

- The user account that pgAgent runs under doesn't have trust access to
the database, or a suitable pgpass file to give it the password.

You can also enable debugging on the pgAgent command line which should
give more info about whats going on.

Regards, Dave