Re: create or replace view - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject Re: create or replace view
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Problem is when I want change view (or functions) with a lot of dependecies
> I must drop and recreate all dependent views (or functions) -
> I want add only one column in view
> I don't know if solution hard for that.

I do not see how adding a column to a view would invalidate
dependent objects. (Except an object that uses "select *", in which case
the writer of the object explicitly states that he can cope with changing
column count and order).

Thus I think "create or replace" should work in this case regardless of
what definition for "create or replace" finds a consensus, no ?

Andreas