Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:
> > I think the problem is more accurately described thus:  Flex generated
> > files include <stdio.h> before "postgres.h" due to the way it lays out the
> > code in the output.  stdio.h does something which prevents switching to
> > the large file model later on in postgres.h.  (This manifests itself in
> > unistd.h, but unistd.h itself is not the problem per se.)
>
> > The proposed fix was to include the flex output in some other file (such
> > as the corresponding grammar file) rather than to compile it separately.
>
> I have made this change.  CVS tip should compile cleanly now on machines
> where this is an issue.

Hmm, sorry for the late response, but I was away on the (long) weekend :-(
I think your patch might be the source for Christopher's build problem
(Compile problem on FreeBSD/Alpha).

Peter already had a patch, that I tested, modified a little, and sent him back
for inclusion into CVS.

I will attach his patch with my small fixes for cross reference.
The issue is, that you need to remove the #include "bootstrap_tokens.h"
line from the lex file.

Andreas

Attachment