Re: [HACKERS] Open Items (was: RE: [HACKERS] Beta going well) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Open Items (was: RE: [HACKERS] Beta going well)
Date
List pgsql-patches
> "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> writes:
>
>   /* Plain "long int" fits, use it */
> + #if SIZEOF_INT8 == 0
>   typedef long int int64;
> + #endif
> + #if SIZEOF_UINT8 == 0
>   typedef unsigned long int uint64;
> + #endif
>

> This coding appears to assume "if the platform defines int8, then
> it will define int64 as well".  Seems mighty fragile to me.

Well the absolute correct solution would involve all of:
int8, int16, int32, int64 and separately uint8, uint16, uint32, uint64

The previous patch grouped:
int8, int16 and int32
uint8, uint16 and uint32
int64 and uint64  <-- this grouping is wrong on AIX 4.3.3 and below

If you prefer to make 4 groups out of this you could apply this patch.

Andreas