Re: Oracle vs PostgreSQL in real life - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject Re: Oracle vs PostgreSQL in real life
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > As I wrote it before there, it is an ECPG script that runs with bad perfs.
> > it seems that on every commit, the cursor is closed
>
> Cursors shouldn't be closed, but prepared statements are deallocated on each
> commit. AFAIK this is what the standard says.

Wow, this sure sounds completely bogus to me.
Imho CURSORS opened inside a transanction (after BEGIN WORK) are supposed to
be closed (at least with autocommit=yes).

I do not think COMMIT is supposed to do anything with a prepared
statement. That is what EXEC SQL FREE :statementid is for.

That would then match e.g. Informix esql/c.

Andreas