Re: Second call for platform testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject Re: Second call for platform testing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > >     What modification should be made to configure.in to make it
include
> > > SupportDefs.h when testing for int8 uint8 int64 and uint64 size ?

> OK, I bit the bullet and made up a whole new macro for type testing.
> Those who can't get at a new snapshot can try the attached patch.
>
> I have included <stdio.h> because that appears to effect the
definition of
> the types in question on AIX; apparently it pulls in <inttypes.h>
somehow.

Correct. stdio.h pulls sys/types.h which then pulls sys/inttypes.h ==
inttypes.h.

> Please check this on AIX and BeOS.

Works like a charm on AIX :-) (Tested snapshot of 3 Dec 4:01)
I think it is also a gain, since it does not confuse people looking at
configure output.

Thank you Peter
Andreas