Re: Threading fix for AIX - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Zeugswetter Andreas DAZ SD
Subject Re: Threading fix for AIX
Date
List pgsql-patches
>> 1. the snprintf long long int check that uses int64 as variable name which is
>>     a typedef in sys/inttypes.h
>
> I changed it to ac_int64.  Does that help?

One more is needed in c-library.m4.

>> 2. whether strerror_r returns int check fails with a redefine of named function
>>     from string.h
>
> I see.  Our test is:
>     int strerror_r(int, char *, size_t);
> but AIX is:
>     int  strerror_r(int, char *, int);
> OK, I added an #ifndef _AIX to use 'int' for the 3rd arg for AIX.

The wrong define is only on older AIX versions :-(
And the patch produces wrong code asis (missing # and #endif).
Since AIX always has the int returning function, how about no test on AIX:
#ifndef_AIX
int strerror_r(int, char *, size_t);
#endif

> Please test this patch and report back.  Thanks.

attached is a reworked patch that works on aix 4.3.2 and 5.2, please check the configure part,
cause I don't have autoconf.

Andreas

Attachment