Re: SELECT * FROM LIMIT 1; is really slow - Mailing list pgsql-hackers
From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject Re: SELECT * FROM LIMIT 1; is really slow
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> What would be useful for that (as of 7.5) is a dummy ALTER TABLE TYPE,
> viz
>
>     ALTER TABLE tab ALTER COLUMN col TYPE same-type-it-already-has

I think we should add special syntax for this purpose, since I would like to
(or someone else later on) see all possible cases of "alter column" short
circuited.

The syntax I would see fit is something like:
ALTER TABLE tab [MOVE] TABLESPACE xy;

For the above special case the tablespace would be the same as before.

Andreas