Re: UPDATES hang every 5 minutes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: UPDATES hang every 5 minutes
Date
List pgsql-general
> It seems to me that the real solution is for me to stop using the database as an IPC system to pass somewhat
time-criticaldata between processes.  Given the time constraints I'm working under this unfortunately was the quickest
route.

At least for the first 5 minutes. :) I was wondering about that 1,500
updates/second. PostgreSQL is probably not the optimal solution for IPC.

If you are trying to deal with passing this data among machines,
memcached may be a good solution. Pretty easy to configure and clients
for lots of languages. Blazing fast, too.

Cheers,
Steve